Welcome to the website of Colney Heath Parish Council.
This council is made up of 9 councillors who between them represent the wards of Highfield, Hill End and Colney Heath. Details of your councillors for 2019-2023 can be viewed here.
The parish of Colney Heath embraces a wide area of the district of St Albans and you can view a map of the parish boundary here.
Colney Heath lies within the “Colneys”, a name given to the two parishes of similar name located off the M25 near junction 22, which contain 67 acres of common and the Colne and Ellenbrook Rivers. To the north-east, the parish is dissected by the A414 main trunk dual carriageway route to Hatfield (known as the North Orbital).
Some of the many responsibilities of Colney Heath Parish Council include:-
- The Common and access, including Furze Field and Warren Track
- Parish-owned buildings and land within the village of Colney Heath
- Play areas – Roestock, Smallford, High Street, Tyttenhanger & Sleapshyde
- Community Park – a public open space and wildlife habitat
- Riparian ownership of the river Colne passing through the Common
- The High Street Pavilion and recreation ground
- Notice Boards
- Bus Shelters
- Smallford Dog Walk
- Custodian Trustees of Charles Morris Hall
- Maintenance of the closed graveyard
- Dog waste bins in the parish
The work of the council is controlled through a series of committees reporting to the council meetings. The Council provides facilities and services to the parish it works in partnership with the whole community.