The Parish Office is now open Monday to Friday 10 am to 12 noon.
• Clerk – Lisa Chaplin
• Telephone – 01727 825314
• Email - email@example.com
FOR COMMUNITY BUS PLACES PLEASE CALL Debbie Fulwell on 01727 824185.
Welcome to the website of Colney Heath Parish Council.
Our council is made up of 9 members covering Highfield, Hill End and Colney Heath wards. Details of your councillors can be viewed here. We currently have one vacancy for a ward member to represent Colney Heath Ward. Please contact the Clerk for more details if you wish to become a co-opted member.
The parish of Colney Heath embraces a wide area of the district of St Albans and you can view a map of the parish boundary here.
Colney Heath lies within the “Colneys”, a name given to the two parishes of similar name located off the M25 near junction 22, which contain 67 acres of common and the Colne and Ellenbrook Rivers. To the north-east, the parish is dissected by the A414 main trunk dual carriageway route to Hatfield (known as the North Orbital). London Colney is a separate parish.
Over the forthcoming weeks we plan to add more features to the site and invite local clubs, groups and organisations to register links to the site or provide details to be included on our information pages.
Colney Heath Parish Council is responsible for:-
- The Common and access, including Furze Field and Warren Track
- Parish-owned buildings within the village
- The Allotments at Gloucester Park
- Play areas throughout the parish
- Community Park – a public open space and wildlife habitat
- Riparian ownership of the river Colne passing through the Common
- High Street Recreation area and Pavilion
- Notice Boards
- Bus Shelters - some 13 of them
- Harvester’s Dog Walk
- Charles Morris Hall and Recreation area
- Upkeep and various duties within the enclosed graveyard
- Publication of a quarterly parish magazine delivered free to all residents
- Dog waste bins in the parish
- Waste bins in the parish
The work of the council is controlled through a series of committees reporting to the council meetings. Further details can be found on the links and information pages.