PARISH COUNCIL AUDIT
COLNEY HEATH PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF CONCLUSION OF THE AUDIT – Annual Governance & Accountability Return for the year ended 31st March 2020
Section 20 (2) & 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/404)
- The audit of accounts for the Colney Heath Parish Council Parish Council for the year ended 31 March 2020 has been completed and the accounts have been published. The external auditors, PKF Littlejohn, have concluded the audit for the financial year 2019/20 and are satisfied that the Parish Council’s accounts, governance and supporting information supplied are in accordance with proper practices and that relevant legislation and regulatory requirements have been met.
- Any local government elector for the parish may obtain, inspect or take a copy of the Statement of Accounts and Auditor’s Certificate and Report by arrangement with the Clerk during the following hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10am-1pm;
- The Notice of Conclusion of Audit may be viewed or downloaded by looking at this link – CHPC Notice of Conclusion of Audit 19-20
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2019-20 Sections 1 and 2 (Annual Governance Statement and Accounting Statements) may be viewed or downloaded by clicking at this link – CHPC Annual Governance and Accounting Statement 2019-20
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2019-20 Section 3 (External Auditor Report and Certificate) may be viewed or downloaded by clicking this link – CHPC External Auditor Report and Certificate 161120
Contact details for the Clerk are as follows:
Lisa Chaplin – Clerk to the Parish Council
Colney Heath Parish Council
Highfield Park Visitor Office
]Hill End Lane
St Albans AL4 0RA
or by email at email@example.com
- Copies will be provided to any local government elector on payment of £1.00 for each copy of the annual return with additional cost for postage.
Announcement made by: Lisa Chaplin LCGI PSLCC CPFA CiLCA Clerk to the Parish Council
Date of Announcement: 16th November 2020
The Parish Council is responsible in law for ensuring that its financial management is adequate and effective and that the council has a sound system of internal control. In order to comply with this duty the council resolves annually to agree a Statement of Internal Control and appoints an internal auditor to assess and report on these processes. The most recent internal audit report can be downloaded below:
The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2019-20 and associated paperwork can be downloaded below:
As a local resident you have legal rights to inspect, ask questions about and challenge items in your authority’s accounts. The National Audit Office produced a Guide to your rights in May 2019 and this will answer any of your questions on Local authority accounts and your rights as a resident under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, which applies for the audit of accounts for 2015-16 onwards. A copy of the guide can be downloaded here: Local authority accounts – A guide to your rights
On behalf of Colney Heath Parish Council, it is confirmed that the period for the exercise of public rights commences on Tuesday 1st September 2020 and ends on Monday 12th October 2020. A copy of the Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) signed form can be viewed here: Confirmation of the dates for the period for the exercise of public rights for year ending 31 March 2020
2019/2020 Audit was submitted to PKF Littlejohn on 30th July 2020 and returned on 16th November 2020
In accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 – Publication of statement of accounts and annual governance statement for Category 2 authorities
Annual Governance and Accountability Return for year ending March 2019 – the external auditor PKF Littlejohn LLP confirms that the information in the annual return is in accordance with proper practices.
The following are expired documents that remain available for public access, on application, for a minimum period of 5 years as per the Notice of Conclusion of Audit. However, in the interest of transparency the Council will put as many years information as can be located.
Previous years’ Annual Returns and Internal Audit Reports
Internal Audit Report for year ending 31 Mar 2015
Annual Governance and Accountability Return for year ending 31 March 2015