PARISH COUNCIL AUDIT
COLNEY HEATH PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF CONCLUSION OF THE AUDIT – Annual Governance & Accountability Return for the year ended 31st March 2021
Section 20 (2) & 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/404)
- The audit of accounts for the Colney Heath Parish Council Parish Council for the year ended 31 March 2021 has been completed and the accounts have been published. The external auditors, PKF Littlejohn, have concluded the audit for the financial year 2020/21 and are satisfied that the Parish Council’s accounts, governance and supporting information supplied are in accordance with proper practices and that relevant legislation and regulatory requirements have been met.
- Any local government elector for the parish may obtain, inspect or take a copy of the Statement of Accounts and Auditor’s Certificate and Report by arrangement with the Clerk during the following hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10am-1pm;
- The Notice of Conclusion of Audit may be viewed or downloaded by looking at this link – CHPC Notice of Conclusion of Audit 20/21
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2020-21 Sections 1 and 2 (Annual Governance Statement and Accounting Statements) may be viewed or downloaded by clicking at this link – CHPC Annual Governance and Accounting Statement 2020-21
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2019-20 Section 3 (External Auditor Report and Certificate) may be viewed or downloaded by clicking this link – CHPC External Auditor Report and Certificate 2020-21
Contact details for the Clerk are as follows:
Lisa Chaplin – Clerk to the Parish Council
Colney Heath Parish Council
Highfield Park Visitor Office
]Hill End Lane
St Albans AL4 0RA
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copies will be provided to any local government elector on payment of £1.00 for each copy of the annual return with additional cost for postage.
Announcement made by: Lisa Chaplin LCGI PSLCC CPFA CiLCA Clerk to the Parish Council
Date of Announcement: 29th September 2021
Internal Audit 21/22
The Parish Council is responsible in law for ensuring that its financial management is adequate and effective and that the council has a sound system of internal control. In order to comply with this duty the council resolves annually to agree a Statement of Internal Control and appoints an internal auditor to assess and report on these processes. The internal audit for 2021/22 will commence with an interim audit in November 2021 and as documents are received they will be uploaded below:
External Audit 20/21
2020/21 Audit will be submitted to PKF Littlejohn by 30th June 2021 and was returned 19th September 2021
In accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 – Publication of statement of accounts and annual governance statement for Category 2 authorities
All signed off audit papers returned by the external auditor PKF Littlejohn LLP confirms that the information in the annual return is in accordance with proper practices.
The Parish Council are insured by Zurich and policies run from November to November.
The following are expired documents that remain available for public access, on application, for a minimum period of 5 years as per the Notice of Conclusion of Audit. However, in the interest of transparency the Council will put as many years information as can be located.
Previous years’ Annual Returns and Internal Audit Reports
The Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2019-20 and associated paperwork can be downloaded below:
As a local resident you have legal rights to inspect, ask questions about and challenge items in your authority’s accounts. The National Audit Office produced a Guide to your rights in May 2019 and this will answer any of your questions on Local authority accounts and your rights as a resident under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, which applies for the audit of accounts for 2015-16 onwards. A copy of the guide can be downloaded here: Local authority accounts – A guide to your rights
On behalf of Colney Heath Parish Council, it is confirmed that the period for the exercise of public rights commences on Friday 25th June 2021 and ends on Friday 6th August 2021. To review the accounts please email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return for year ending 31 March 2015
Internal Audit Report for year ending 31 Mar 2013
Internal Audit Report for year ending 31 Mar 2006
Annual Governance and Accountability Return for year ending 31 March 2006
Annual Governance and Accountability Return for year ending 31 March 2003