Welcome to the website of Colney Heath Parish Council.
This council is made up of 9 councillors who between them represent the wards of Highfield, Hill End and Colney Heath. Details of your councillors for 2019-2023 can be viewed here. Your Colney Heath Parish Councillors are elected members of the local community who want to do something positive and aim to make a difference by influencing decisions that affect your area. Parish Councillors give their time (they are not paid) to work on your behalf, serving to improve the quality of life and local environment.
The Parish Council meet most months of the year and minutes are available to view on the website or a hard copy can be requested by calling or emailing the Parish Office.
The parish of Colney Heath embraces a wide area of the district of St Albans and you can view a map of the parish boundary here.
Colney Heath lies within the “Colneys”, a name given to the two parishes of similar name located off the M25 near junction 22, which contain 67 acres of common and the Colne and Ellenbrook Rivers. To the north-east, the parish is dissected by the A414 main trunk dual carriageway route to Hatfield (known as the North Orbital).
The Parish Council’s role is to represent the interests of the whole community, so residents views are important. Residents can get involved in a number of ways:
- Come to a Parish Council meeting – it is your right. There is public participation at every meeting, residents can bring issues or questions to the Parish Council attention. It is helpful if you email the Parish Clerk to let us know you wish to attend and ask a question email@example.com
- Take time to read the Parish Council minutes to find out what is covered at the meetings
- There are a number of volunteer roles and activities which you could assist with all year round contact the office for more details
COLNEY HEATH WARD COUNCILLOR VACANCIES
There are two vacancies for councillors to serve the Colney Heath Ward.
The vacancies have been duly advertised and St Albans District Council confirmed that they may now be filled by Colney Heath Parish Council by co-option in accordance with the Local Elections (Parishes & Communities) Rules 2006.
The official notification of co-option for the vacancies can be found here:
The councillor’s role and responsibilities include:
- representing the ward for which they are elected
- developing and reviewing council policy
- regulatory and statutory duties
- community leadership and engagement
For more information please find a digital copy of the Good Councillors Guide by clicking here
To apply for one of the vacancies please see the CHPC Co-option Policy and Application Form and return by post or email to the following:
Clerk of the Council
Highfield Park Office
Hill End Lane
Hertfordshire AL4 0RA
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the vacancies are filled.